Growing up is a bitch. Remember when we were younger and all we did was want to be adults? What the fuck were we thinking? I would love to go back and slap that naive little girl in the face with a reality check.
I mean yeah there are a lot of things I enjoy being able to do now; drive a car, stay out until whenever, drink alcohol (legally), have a job that's over minimum wage and being able to avoid things, it's all great. Aside from the awesome shit I can do, there are too many things that are a pain in my ass and could do without.
At least once a day I'm saying to myself, "I don't want to be adult." I whine, go home for the night, hide under my covers, and hope I'll wake up the next morning as a child again. It hasn't happened yet.
Here are a list of things that I guarantee you will have to deal with half of if not all at some point. Let's all have a good cry together afterwards.
1. Paying for your own food
2. Applying for credit cards
3. Filling up your gas tank every week
4. Paying off school loans, for the rest of your life
5. Apartment/house hunting
6. Finding one you can actually afford without starving
7. Car payments
8. Don't forget the insurance
9. Phone bills, maybe I can go without my phone?
10. Working 40/40+ hours a week to pay the bills, while wishing you were doing anything else
13. Cooking, where do we find the time?
14. Applying for loans because you can't afford anything
15. Watching while someone else just seems to have all the time and money you don't have
16. Clipping coupons and planning your life around those
Cry circle anybody?
Chelsea Blake: My views on life and writing whatever my heart desires.